Welcome to Steam Engine, a free suite of calculators for your vaping endeavors: Building coils, checking battery drain, mixing e-juice, and more.
Click the links on top to navigate between the sections:
- The calculator is a simple Ohm's law calculator with Joule heating.
- The calculator is specialized for winding coils for rebuildable atomizers (RBA).
- The calculator shows you the current and power drain on the battery in your e-cigarette.
- The calculator tells you the optimal resistance range for your regulated mod.
- The calculator lets you select nic strength and VG/PG ratio for the nicotine base liquid and your desired outcome.
- The gives you the ability to mix different wires to customize your coil – and your temperature curve.
- The lets you convert between millimeters, inches, fractional inches, and wire gauges.
- Steam Engine blog, updates and information about the development and use of the Steam Engine calculators
- English: Steam Engine Pro *Extremely Useful Tool for Vapers* by Vaping With Gmo
- Deutsch: Dampf Basics : Wickel - Draht & Steam-Engine.org by Vapor Frank
An electronic cigarette (e-cig or e-cigarette), personal vaporizer (PV) or electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) is a battery-powered vaporizer which simulates the feeling of smoking, but without tobacco combustion. Their use is commonly called "vaping". The user automatically activates the e-cigarette by taking a puff; other devices turn on by pressing a button manually. They are often cylindrical, but come in many variations. Some e-cigarettes look like traditional cigarettes, but others do not. There are disposable cigalikes which are known as first generation "cigalikes" and there are reusable versions. Instead of cigarette smoke, the user inhales an aerosol, commonly called vapor. E-cigarettes typically have a heating element that atomizes a liquid solution known as e-liquid. E-liquids usually contain propylene glycol, glycerin, water, nicotine, and flavorings. E-liquids are also sold without propylene glycol, without nicotine, or without flavors.